The Garden Friends is a group of people who are passionate about the maintaining the grounds around the Church and Parish house. Typically member will meet from 8am to 10am on Saturday morning from early spring through late autumn. However, as everyone’s schedule is different, members of the Garden Friends frequently spend time in smaller groups or even as individuals in order to find time to beautify the Church.
Members of the Garden Friends usually take responsibility for a section of the Church grounds. Then they are usually responsible for:
- Installation and removal of flowers and shrubs as needed
- Spring/fall cleanup of the garden beds
- Maintenance of the plants in their own garden beds
- Watering through the heat of the summer months
- Maintenance of the hoses and watering systems
In all, each member of the Garden Friends will probably put in 1-2 hours of work per week during the season and the results are usually spectacular.