Memorial Gifts and Legacy Committee
Who are they?
The Memorial Gifts and Legacy Committee consists of 3 church members, one to be elected annually. Each member serves for one 3 year term.
What do they do?
- They encourage church members to consider this Church as the recipient of memorial gifts in memory or in honor of a loved one.
- They encourage church members to remember this Church in their wills.
- They receive all bequests and special gifts, making sure they are used for a purpose consistent with the needs of this Church and the wishes of the donors.
- They record all gifts in the “Book of Remembrance” that is kept in the chapel. They also report all gifts in the monthly Greeting and the Annual Report.
- They make known to the congregation the existence of the scholarship funds and accept applications. They award scholarship funds in accordance with the policies jointly developed by Memorial Gifts and Legacy Committee and the Board of Trustees.
When do they meet?
The Memorial Gifts and Legacy Committee meets as necessary during the course of the year.
Applications for college scholarships are located in the Narthex of the church. They need to be filled out and returned to the church office by the end of May. Scholarships will be awarded to worthy students on Baccalaureate Sunday in June.